The Front Seven loves a good movie.
1. Western: Everybody figured there’d be suggestive games played in Nov in a western multiplication of a SEC. Little notice was paid to this week’s competition in Tuscaloosa when a report was initial unveiled, though it positively has a courtesy of a college football universe now as No. 1 Mississippi State visits No. 3 Alabama. With projected Heisman favorite Marcus Mariota and Oregon in a bye week, Bulldogs QB Dak Prescott has an event to win over some-more electorate if he performs good on a large stage. That tract line is totally delegate for him, of course, as a feat would all though hang adult a multiplication for his organisation that was hardly an afterthought during a start of a season. His charge will be anything though easy opposite a Crimson Tide defense, that ranks third nationally opposite a run. Quite simply, Alabama does not skip tackles.
Prescott and his consistent using mate, TB Josh Robinson, contingency wish their blockers can emanate lanes permitting them to equivocate strike with Tide LB Reggie Ragland and his associate stoppers. It would assistance if Prescott can get WR De’Runnya Wilson concerned as well. While Alabama hasn’t put adult points in bunches each game, QB Blake Sims has delivered when needed. WR Amari Cooper requires consistent attention, though a Crimson Tide are during their best when their belligerent diversion is working. TB T.J. Yeldon, who postulated an apparent ankle damage on a pivotal play during LSU final week, expects to be ready. LB Benardrick McKinney and a Bulldogs’ defenders contingency be equally certain with their tackling.
2. Classic: The heated Sunshine State adversary between a ‘Noles and a ‘Canes is behind in primary time after lacking in aptitude for a few years. No. 2 Florida State still has a lot some-more on a line as it heads down to face unranked Miami, though a Hurricanes would adore to put a tighten in a Seminoles’ inhabitant championship aspirations. Though Florida State stays unscathed, QB Jameis Winston and Co. haven’t dominated as they did during final season’s pretension run. The Seminoles have not run a round with consistency, and Winston himself has been intercepted 11 times while he maybe has relied too heavily on big-play WR Rashad Greene. He’ll try for a crisper start in antagonistic precinct while removing WR Jesus Wilson and TE Nick O’Leary concerned in a initial few series. The Hurricanes, who’ve won 3 in a row, have played improved on both sides of a round given their many new reversal opposite Georgia Tech. LBs Denzel Perryman and Thurston Armbrister will demeanour to set a tinge usually as fast when Winston takes a field. TB Duke Johnson has been Miami’s steadiest descent force averaging 7.7 yards per rushing attempt. But a alleviation of beginner QB Brad Kaaya has done his pursuit easier. But they’ll wish to drive transparent of a Seminoles’ hard-hitting LB Reggie Northrup and S Jalen Ramsey.
3. Epic: No. 11 Nebraska heads to No. 22 Wisconsin in a pivotal Big Ten West matchup that has a demeanour of an out-of-date slugfest. There aren’t approaching to be many aerial fireworks in this competition featuring a span of top-10 rushing offenses. The Cornhuskers had a timely bye final week that should concede TB Ameer Abdullah to be during full strength after he tweaked a knee opposite Purdue. QB Tommy Armstrong also helps out with a Nebraska belligerent game, so Badgers’ LB Derek Landisch and S Michael Caputo contingency be prepared to close. Wisconsin will opposite with TB Melvin Gordon, a nation’s tip rusher with 1,501 yards and 19 TDs. ‘Huskers’ LB Zaire Anderson and S Nate Gerry will positively combine their efforts on him, though a crew of QBs Tanner McEvoy and Joel Stave contingency yield adequate cover to keep a lanes clear.
4. Thriller: No. 9 Auburn‘s date during No. 14 Georgia doesn’t container as many playoff punch as prognosticators approaching as recently as a integrate of weeks ago. But in this box fans should usually suffer a ride, as it total to be a high-scoring event with large plays galore. Both teams are built to put adult large scores, and conjunction invulnerability has accurately been exemplary. Much of a expectation centers on a lapse of Bulldogs TB Todd Gurley after an NCAA-imposed four-game suspension. While Nick Chubb has achieved good in Gurley’s deficiency and still total to be partial of a rotation, Gurley’s ability to evade tacklers and find that additional rigging that well-developed backs have will make a Georgia offense some-more effective. Bulldogs QB Hutson Mason has helped out with 15 TD throws with usually 3 INTs. Auburn should pierce a round good as well, though a Tigers contingency discharge a vicious miscues that valid their undoing final week opposite Texas AM that effectively finished their inhabitant championship hopes. It didn’t assistance that WR D’haquille Williams went out with a knee damage in that game, and he stays week-to-week. QB Nick Marshall will have to recompense with WR Sammie Coates, who is usually removing behind to full speed himself, and with TB Cameron Artis-Payne.
5. Tragedy: No. 17 Clemson‘s predestine was approaching hermetic approach behind in Sep when a Tigers couldn’t take advantage of a Winston-less Florida State. The Tigers contingency nonetheless do what they can to stay within cheering stretch in a ACC Atlantic. Their plea this week is a outing to Coastal Division contender No. 23 Georgia Tech, that is personification a possess diversion of catchup perplexing to say vicinity to front-runner Duke. There is good news for Clemson this week as QB Deshaun Watson is approaching to start after blank over a month with a palm injury. That also should be good news for WRs Mike Williams and Artavis Scott, though they contingency beware of Yellow Jackets S Jamal Golden, who has 3 of a team’s 10 picks. Georgia Tech, of course, will run a round early and often. When QB Justin Thomas doesn’t keep it himself, his many visit representation organisation are RBs Zach Laskey and Synjyn Days. Tigers’ LB Stephone Anthony will lead a bid to solve a Yellow Jackets’ option.
6. Coming-of-age: No. 7 Ohio State as a team, and beginner QB J.T. Barrett specifically, have come a prolonged approach given their early detriment to Virginia Tech. Fans got to see usually how distant final week when a Buckeyes went into East Lansing and distant a Michigan State defense. They have to strike a highway again, and their competition this week, Minnesota, is perplexing to author a possess elaborating story. Barrett creates endless use of WRs Devin Smith and Michael Thomas, and RB Dontre Wilson also is an effective catcher out of a backfield. Then there’s RB Ezekiel Elliott, a Buckeyes’ many visit belligerent weapon. They all will give Golden Gophers’ LB Damien Wilson and his front-line teammates a lot of concerns. But Minnesota’s widespread opening opposite Iowa final week, that gave it possession of a Floyd of Rosedale prize and a Little Brown Jug from a Michigan array in a same deteriorate for a initial time given 1967, has their fans in a carefree mood. QB Mitch Leidner’s large flitting day was a large partial of it, removing TE Maxx Williams concerned while also blending WR KJ Maye in on some choice formations. But a pivotal stays TB David Cobb, who will be a categorical concentration for OSU LB Joshua Perry.
7. Suspense: No. 21 Marshall has had a constant supporters of a edges of their seats all deteriorate as it looks to run a list and put itself in row for a vital play bid. The torment is approaching to continue right adult until a time a playoff cabinet announces that champion of a group-of-five leagues will be rated a tip during season’s end. But initial things initial for a Thundering Herd, who contingency get past fortifying joining champ Rice in what could be their final large exam before a C-USA pretension game. QB Rakeem Cato is a superstar for Marshall with 2,316 flitting yards and 22 TD throws, with WR Tommy Shuler heading a offset organisation of pass catchers. But Cato is distant from a Herd’s usually writer from scrimmage. RB Devon Johnson has another 15 scores on a ground. He sat out final week’s win during Southern Miss with a bruise knee though should be prepared to go. The Owls, who have rattled off 6 uninterrupted wins after a 0-3 start, are destined by QB Driphus Jackson. He has 15 scoring throws while adding 330 yards by land. RB Jowan Davis and WR Jordan Taylor are his tip weapons.