President Barack Obama met a soccer-playing humanoid drudge Thursday during his outing to Tokyo. While visiting a National Museum of Emerging Science, a boss was introduced to ASIMO, that showed off a skills with a brief demonstration, including using and kicking a soccer round to Obama. Here are 10 things we might not know about ASIMO:
1. ASIMO stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility and is done by Honda, that says it is a “world’s many modernized humanoid robot.” Honda’s website explains that ASIMO can run and travel — even on disproportionate slopes and surfaces. It can stand stairs, strech for and grasp objects and it also has facial recognition.
2. With a camera eyes, a drudge “maps a environment” and can register objects, avoiding collisions with both still and relocating objects.
3. The current chronicle of ASIMO is some-more than 20 years in a making, with 11 robotic predecessors. Honda initial started operative on formulating a walking drudge in 1986. While today’s ASIMO is 4-feet-3-inches high and weighs 110 pounds, progressing robotic models by a association stood during 6-feet-2-inches tall, weighed as most as 386 pounds and could travel usually in a true line. The initial ASIMO chronicle was introduced in 2000 with another chronicle introduced in 2005.
4. ASIMO can run adult to 5.5 miles per hour, according to Wired. In a stream version, it is means to change instruction while in motion, run in circles or a slalom pattern. The newest chronicle can also jump, change on one feet and pointer in both American and Japanese pointer language.
5. Obama’s assembly with ASIMO comes reduction than 10 days after a newest chronicle of a drudge was introduced to U.S. audiences. It debuted in North America on Apr 15 on ABC’s “Live with Kelly and Michael.” The uncover premiered a prior chronicle of ASIMO a decade earlier. Recognizing both hosts and addressing them by name, ASIMO also congratulated Michael Strahan on his new entrance into a Pro Football Hall of Fame.
6. ASIMO is battery powered and needs to be recharged after 40 minutes, according to CBS News.
7. Honda is already operative on a fourth chronicle of ASIMO and is in a early growth stages, Wired reported. Its stream voice is childlike and synthesized and was combined by recording a voice of a 16-year-old boy, a opening said.
8. An progressing chronicle of ASIMO conducted a Detroit Symphony Orchestra and Yo-Yo Ma in a opening of “The Impossible Dream” from “Man of La Mancha” in 2008.
9. In 2005, a chronicle of ASIMO walked a red runner premiere for a charcterised film “Robots” in California.
10. Honda says ASIMO is now not for sale. Information on prolongation costs for ASIMO as good as how many are now in existence were not available.